Friday, December 21, 2007

I have issues!

I have to take issue as a Conservative 1st, Republican 2nd concerning personalities trying to jam Rudy down my throat. This is the best way for me to sum it up:
Like the Pundits, DC Politicians, and Mass Media, it is being pushed that whether Republican or Democrat the only way to win is to go to the middle. What part of the last 28 years do we not get? The middle has never decided anything. Regan was not the middle, Bush is not the middle, nor did they compromise their stances in order to try to get that vote. Clinton only won his first term because G.H. Bush went centrist and people wanted someone more firm...hence Ross Perot...hence a split vote. I know you say you know this, yet when you talk about Rudy compared to the other candidates, you say that we should vote for him if it comes between him and Hillary.
The Conservative base is still strong and it is this base that has made a major impact on policy and direction over the past 28 years.
The Conservative base is not some ambiguous scattered minority that has shrunken away just because Bush's poll numbers have declined, or because the left has gotten insanely more loud and ridiculous.
Why have we not diminished in our numbers? Because being a conservative is a way of life and not some political persuasion. Believing abortion is murder does not have a thing to do with who is in office, nor am I willing to compromise the fate of countless innocent babies so I can have some pseudo sense of security in a man who will keep us fighting against Islamic fascism…(besides, do we really know he will do an effective job? Are we certain enough to be willing to lay Constitutional rights and innocent lives on the line?)
With all that said that is why I can not and will not vote for Rudy…period…he has no moral compass in which to know how to preserve our American identity. I keep getting scolded by the aforementioned groups that I need to compromise on some things in order to beat Hillary. Well, I have no problem with compromising those things that can be compromised. However, there are 2 things which are never up for negotiation:
1. Constitutional Amendments (2nd amendment included)
2. Innocent lives (in or out of the womb)
So, how can I be asked to compromise those very things that make me who I am and America what she is!
I know Rudy has said that while he is for gun control he won't try to take away our guns…this may be true, but he sure won't do anything to STOP anybody else from trying if he has a bill or other issue more important to him!!!!!!!
I also have seen with my own eyes (Youtube) Rudy give a speech in strong defense of all abortions…including partial-birth. It seems suicide bombers believe in killing innocent children…so does Rudy!
National Security is a priority, but not at the expense of our national identity and morality that differentiates us from the 7th century scum who thinks nothing of life at all.
Case in point:
I heard a man today who talked about Islamic governments mixing religion in with their policies causing the creation of suicide bombers…he then compares that to if we have a Baptist President, he will mix his religion into policy to try and stop abortion, taking away the choice of a women. His point being that religion and politics do not mix so we need to compromise and vote for Rudy. AARRGGHH!!
Comparing Islamic Fascism; which encourages the taking of innocent life to further a religion of death and totalitarianism, to a belief system that wants to protect innocent lives and promotes individual rights to life including the right to protect ones self with a gun is INSANE!!!!!
Yet, Rudy seems to disregard some of the very fundamental principles that separate us from the people we are trying to whup up on.
Rudy does not have to be the nominee because he seems to be the strongest and the most in the center. Just because he has an R behind his name does not mean that we should vote for him, even if it means he is going against Hillary. Republican and Democrat mean nothing to me, because I have a moral base which dictates my life; and that base was put there by an eternal God whose laws do not change and supersedes anything man says to the contrary.
Mark my words this day - 10/11/2007 -
If Hillary Clinton gets the democratic nomination she will lose the Presidental race...UNLESS...she is running against Rudy Guliani...in which case Hillary will win!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

A strong and mighty "second" from the Peters to everything just said. This will be our first year voting- and we want to make it count, and want it make it right!

Rebekah Doran said...

Wow Johnny, somethings never change! That was a great post :) So what do you think of Huckabee(sp?)

Melissa H. (I'm at Beckas )

Unknown said...

...Only in the cave.. No really, pretty interesting stuff. Caleb and I have been thinking alot about this election, it's gonna be interesting. Tell Libby hi and I miss her! Take care. Oh, Caleb wants your gamer tag again, the one he has doesn't work. His is "CLUB 83", so send him a message or something. Thanks friend!
Mandie

Tammy K. said...

So who exactly are YOU voting for?
So you made it to blogland. I just saw you have arrived. I am not there yet, I just like to browse...Tell Libby I said, Hello. Sam and Tammy

Matt P. said...

oh boy... you know I HAVE to say something. First, I agree 100% with you about not compromising my core beliefs for a political party or for anyone else for that matter! And as far as the candidates not one self-respecting conservative would back John McCain or Rudy. So it's between Mike Huckabee and Mitt Romney. probably 51% - Mitt and 49% -Mike right now for me. I really don't like the fact that Ed Rollins is on the staff for Mike Huckabee, it puts a negative image onto Huckabee and should be dropped yesterday when he said he wanted to punch Mitts teeth out. Not to classy if you ask me.